The intention of this document is to establish clear and acceptable behavior expectations for Orchard Beach Golf Club members, guests and employees. It is not intended to restrict the rights of anyone but rather to ensure that all playing members, committee members, guests, and employees can expect to be treated with dignity and respect while playing, working or volunteering at Orchard Beach Golf Club.
Code of Conduct Rules
Only members and guests in good standing are entitled to use the clubhouse, golf course, or grounds. The rights of any member to the privileges of the Club shall coexist with the period of his or her membership. The Club deems that all members upon election to the Club have given their consent to be bound by the by-laws and rules of the Club; both to the restrictions and the penalties imposed.
Board of Directors / Committees
The Board of Directors, the Management of the club, and the various volunteer committees appointed by the Board may deal with matters pertaining to the conduct of the members, shareholders, operations and employees.
Any member, family member or guest of a member, whose conduct Orchard Beach Golf Club’s Management considers improper, offensive or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony or good reputation of the Club or its members may be reprimanded, suspended or expelled from the Club by the Management. The Club’s Management will be the sole judge of what constitutes improper conduct or conduct likely to endanger the health, safety, welfare, harmony or good reputation of the Club or its members.
Management of Orchard Beach Golf Club may suspend or terminate a member, if it is determined that the member:
- Submitted false information on the application for membership.
- Exhibited unsatisfactory behavior, conduct or appearance.
- Failed to pay dues, fees or club accounts in a timely manner.
- Failed to abide by the rules & regulations, as set forth for the use of the Club’s facilities.
- Treated the Club’s personnel, employees or any of the Club’s partners or representative in an unacceptable or abusive manner.
- Failed to meet and maintain eligibility for membership pursuant to the application.
- Failed to respect the golf course by not repairing divots and or ball marks.
- Permitted use of their Club Account by an unauthorized person
All members and players will NOT:
- Conduct themselves in a un-sportsmanlike manner and knowingly cheat, throw clubs, disrespect volunteers, officials or fellow competitors
- Disregard the proper dress code or golf etiquette (eg. hitting into the group in front of you for slow play)
- Use or have an association with illegal drugs anywhere on the Club premises
- Physically threaten, slander or verbally abuse others
- Have cell phones switched on disrupting play
- Ignore any rules prescribed annually by the Board of Directors
Should you be involved in or should you observe any breaches of the above, the following procedure will/should be followed:
- Fill out an incident report form – available at front desk area
- The General manager will contact the involved Member(s) for review
- The Club will solicit appropriate Committee Chairs for input and feedback with regards to disciplinary action
- A member will be notified of any disciplinary action and given an opportunity to show cause why the Club Management should not discipline the member according to these rules. If the member desires a hearing a written request for a hearing must be submit to the General Manager within five (5) days after receipt of the Club’s notice to them. Upon receiving a written request for a hearing, the Club will set the time and
date within five (5) days of the request.
- The Club will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for any offences that require formal disciplinary action, up to and including suspension of privileges, the involvement of legal authority and/or expulsion as detailed in the By-Laws.
- While the Club considers the complaint, the member will enjoy all membership privileges to which it is entitled prior to the complaint.
- Notwithstanding suspension or termination of membership, the member will remain liable for any accounts unpaid or due Orchard Beach Golf Club. Such member will not be entitled to a refund of any part of the dues and fees paid by the member to the Club.